Signal isolator for electrically isolating the 4 to 20 mA measuring/supply
circuit of a measuring transducer with 2-wire connection. The device fulfils two
- It provides for electrical isolation and
- it transmits the supply power component of the signal, i.e. auxiliary power,
to the measuring transducer without feeding anything to the circuit itself.
Accordingly, the isolator does not include any auxiliary power terminals.
Certain variants of the SINEAX Si815 are FSK compatible (frequency shift keying).
They are used for dialog-capable "intelligent" measuring transducers with
FSK technology and HART or a company-specific protocol.
- Electrical isolation between input and output: prevents the formation of
parasitic voltages and currents and eliminates grounding problems with
interconnected and intermeshed signal lines.
- The input signal corresponds to the output signal: 4 to 20 mA
- Transmits auxiliary power to measuring transducers with 2-wire connection
- simple, low-cost instrumentation
- No auxiliary power terminals:
eliminates the need to lay and connect power supply lines.
- Suitable for the transmission of the 4 to 20 mA analog signal which is
superimposed over a frequency modulated digital signal (FSK compatible)
- allows for interaction with "intelligent" measuring transducers with
2-wire connection which utilize FSK technology and the HART or a
- Housing: N17 housing for top-hat rail mounting